Saturday, October 3, 2020

The news

Several of our friends and contacts simply ask "What about the news?" or "What do you think?" They don't feel the need to explain that news has broken that the US President and his wife have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.  Some people have thought, and may still think, the thing is a hoax but if the Chief has it, it is probably real.  With a big election coming up, and all sorts of showmanship, political propaganda and malarkey about, it is the opposite of dull.  


When I was a junior high school student, we were urged not to be apathetic about politics.  Know what's going on, they said.  Don't be indifferent!  I try to be calm and to actually approach indifference.  How much has my life changed because of Presidential or Congressional actions?  How much has the governor of my state, or the mayor of my fine little town affected my life?  Possibly more than I know, but as far as I am aware, not much.


Each day has 24 hours as it did.  I sleep each night, scrap together a meal or eat what Lynn cooks.  Do a little reading and a little blogging.  I do like our country and I hope it does well.  I am not a fan of this President, but it is ok with me if he and his family and that of his opponent all do well.


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby