Wednesday, July 8, 2020

What clean floors we have!

Lynn does sheets and towels on Tuesday to cut down on the laundry load on Wednesday.  That means that the bed is stipped. When I saw her stretched out on the floor, I thought she was napping there, foregoing the stripped bed.  I didn't notice the remote in her hand.  I


It was the remote for our new robot vacuum cleaner.  It's an iLife from Walmart and was recommended by a friend who has more experience with the Roomba-life vacs than we do. Some of these disc smarties that roll around the house can cost quite a bit but this one sells from Walmart for $130.  Not long ago, we got new flooring.  It is vinyl that looks like wood and it shows every speck of dirt from miles away.  My wife is a high-level housekeeper and it bugs her to see dust bunnies, hair and debris on our floor.  I reckon this device is going to help her relax and have a house that meets her standards, too.


It is disc shaped and maybe three inches high.  I first heard of a robotic vacuum when I learned about the Roomba:

https://www.google.com/search?q=round+robot+vacuum


It charges like a cellphone and then wanders all over the house picking up dust and debris. It has a pocket inside and that needs to be emptied periodically.  


There was Lynn on the floor.  I realized she was peering under the bed, where she knows dust has collected.  She had the remote in her hand and was directing the robot all around under the bed. She had already shown me a big wad of dust collected by the robot and then she showed me another one.  This thing runs on flat flooring and on carpet, too.  We are going to be much cleaner now.


Another friend sometimes has scares about things that go bump in the night but it is only her robot vacuum bumping its way around the house.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby