Monday, April 27, 2020

I don't know squat

I have been confusing the word "stoop" with the word "squat".  I have been using the squat machine in the weight room, back when the room was open.  It has been closed for weeks and that is not good news for a body that is over 80 years old.  The other day, I found this suggested reading, written by Rosie Spinx in the Pocket service of Firefox browser. 

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-forgotten-art-of-squatting-is-a-revelation-for-bodies-ruined-by-sitting


I searched "squat" in Google search and got this result

https://www.google.com/search?q=squat


I like the books by Dr. Joan Vernikos, "Sitting Kills" and "Designed to Move".  Being old and also doing social distancing can combine to cut way down on movement and exercise.  So, squatting, gently but increasingly deeply, can help hips, knees, ankles and back, especially a couple of times a day. It can be important not to overdo it.  If you are sore in the hips, knees, ankles or back, give yourself a day of rest before squatting again.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby