Sunday, December 15, 2019

Unusual events

Our local family consists of exactly half males and half females. The "girls" include one member who is especially enthusiastic about escape rooms, those amusements for groups to be enclosed and solve puzzles to get out.  The girls in the family used their skills, wits and patience to get out of a local escape room, but not long before the time was up and they would have been let out. Whew!


When Lynn comes home, I can hear the garage door being raised.  As I heard that sound, I got a phone call from her. She is in our driveway and she is calling?? I answered and she asked if I could see her.  I went to a window and looked. Not hard to spot her car with a police car pulled up behind and the red and blue lights swirling. She had not stopped at the stop sign on the edge of our property and had been pulled over.  She got off with a warning while complaining there was no need for a stop sign where that one was. The officer advised her to take up the matter with her alderman.


Despite being of advanced age and being open-minded, I am often surprised at unusual events nearby, events that I never expected when I was a boy.  I did picture myself involved in espionage or being a sheriff like Longmire. I envisioned being a physician and treating scraped knees and broken collar bones.  But women's groups trying to escape carefully constructed puzzle rooms and finding my sweetie the subject of a man woman hunt never came to mind.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby