Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Air in the tires

It is getting warmer outside and today the weather is nice.  It is a bit windy but still very nice weather. Inviting me for a bike ride.  I have enjoyed gliding along on a bike since I was about 5 years old, decades ago.


One source says that an hour of leisurely biking burns 281 calories as opposed to 232 calories for walking for an hour at 3 mph.  I was told long ago that each stroke of the pedals nourishes my knee joints. It does feel good.


So, we just did it!  Sure, we aren't John Bailiff riding way out to that observatory and back.  But we have a whole set of excuses. First, to quote my sister, we don't want to.  Second, it is our first use of our bikes in months and months. Third, we don't have an observatory way out there.  To our credit, we did hook up the electric tire pump and we did inflate the tires to the recommended 60 lbs. pressure.  And, get this! We rode at a moderate greatgrandparent pace for 15 (count 'em!) minutes. Whew!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby