Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Did I make the most of yesterday?

First, I want to recall yesterday.  I guess it is true that I might have made the most of it and yet, I might not have.  


My memory is such that I can't recall the entire day, minute by minute.  Various wisemen and wisewomen advise me to make the most of each day but it is not entirely clear what I should do for that.  The days are the same length, whether sunlit or not. I am pretty sure the intent of the advice is not to "waste" the day. I have tried staying in bed for the entire day but doing that is boring.  Besides, various health people tell me that exercise is good. However, they add "Don't overdo it".


I know I did get out of bed and move around yesterday.  Maybe the best idea is to see if I can recall any lapses or errors or sins or missteps.  I realize that not recalling any negatives is not necessarily the same as not having any.  If I do recall some negatives, I can aim at avoiding the same thing tomorrow.


It may be that I could try a young person's approach.  They often seem to decide they made the most of yesterday if they know they got drunk.  I am not entirely in favor of that criterion but I do remember some sweet compliments, some loving glances, a delicious black russian and brie and triscuits.  I don't recall any missteps, errors, sins or lapses but I wouldn't, would I? I do have a habit of downplaying the negatives and by a day later, they are downplayed right out of my mind.


I plan to take better notes tomorrow.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby