Sunday, October 21, 2018

Home is a holiday

I tried some heavier weights a few days ago.  That night, my usually better leg was swelled up.  By the next morning, it was a balloon sausage. I called my doctor and was advised to go to the emergency room and have them check me out.  ER advised me to check into the hospital for observation.


I have been prescribed an anticoagulant. I am to take a heavier dose for a week.  The drug is newer than coumadin and reguires less constant checking of my blood. I don't want to bleed to death through my skin but I don't want a stroke or other damage from a blood clot.  


This morning, we had a short time of complete white-out of heavy snow.  That meant that when I was finally discharged and Lynn drove me home at 4 PM, the clear atmosphere and the white highlights were beautiful.  Only one night in the hospital and I observed that life and love at home is better, much, much more of a ongoing holiday.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby