Thursday, May 3, 2018

Panting a bit

We got an unwelcome extension of winter this year.  We didn't have much deep cold the whole time, but we had plenty of strong winds.  As the calendar date of spring rolled around, it did warm up but that often needs to icy roads and bad footing for jogging.  I have never been very motivated to use a treadmill and I stopped just about all aspects of exercising.


Since the parting gift of 28 inches of heavy wet snow, the weather has warmed dramatically, getting to 73°F several times.  I have been doing my yoga bits of the seal, the child, the bridge, and backward standing kick. I was jogging a quarter mile with a 50 yard sprint halfway and at the end.  Maybe because I am aging, I feel less able to do that but I am feeling good and I want to stay with trying to get back to what I was doing.


I am not 80 years old but I put "Should 80 yr. olds jog?" in Google and got plenty of encouragement to keep trying.  We recently had a faculty member in his 60's die of stroke while jogging and I will feel silly up in Heaven (got a letter of acceptance the other day) if I get there trying to exercise.  But looking at the results of this search is encouraging:

https://goo.gl/XSLLGQ


I did look into How many die each year while exercising? and found this:

https://goo.gl/z1fv2r


Still, it feels good and people are having increasing difficulty telling me from the 2nd graders so I know it is working.



Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby