Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Poems on a box

I ordered from Amazon on "Prime Day".  The order arrived in a box with a short haiku poem on it.


mail.google.com


I know some of the objections to being manipulated by large corporations but, as one Twitter post said, "classy".  I say "imaginative".


You may know that Twitter uses hatchmarks, #, to allow labels or themes.  The haiku on Amazon cartons has its own hatchmark "#boxhaiku".  You can look it up on Twitter to see the other haikus being sent out on boxes.  


I expect that other corporations are not going to take this lying down.  I imagine they have poets of their own.  Brace yourself.


From Wikihow:

"A haiku poem consists of three lines, with the first and last lines having 5 moras, and the middle line having 7. A mora is a sound unit, much like a syllable, but is not identical to it. Since the moras do not translate well into English, it has been adapted to where syllables are used as moras."


I have not been to Japan but I did manage these in poetry class:

https://sites.google.com/site/kirbyvariety/bill-kirby-poems

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby