Friday, August 22, 2014

Wow! What a day! (Arches)

It took us most of the morning to drive from Salt Lake City to Moab, UT. On the way we took an unplanned stop because somewhere in the mountains, far from anywhere, the check engine light came on, on the bus. The company just bought this bus for about $700,000; this trip is the first time it has been used. Brian, our driver, has taken really good care of it--I mentioned that before. He called the company and they said to just keep using it and the light may go out. It hasn't. So tomorrow someone will bring us a different bus from Las Vegas and drive this one to the company they bought it from in Detroit. Since we spent hours on narrow, winding, 1,000-feet-up roads, I feel lucky that we are okay.

After lunch in Moab, we spent the afternoon in Arches National Park. It has beautiful scenery. Just beautiful. Just about everyone was blown away by it. This is far from the best pic I took today, but I could get it in here. The others are on my camera.


When it rains in this very dry part of country, the water runs off instead of being absorbed by the baked hard ground, and so it runs off and does all sorts of damage, such as washing out roads. It started to rain when we were at one spot, so we all ran to the bus.. Bill took out his hearing aids so he wouldn't get them wet, but when we got on the bus, he couldn't find one. I got out and scoured the ground where he walked. Two other people came to help me and we went a second time. Still no luck, so we gave up. In the meantime it stopped raining where we were. Everyone on the bus felt bad, and then he found it in a pocket he had already checked. Cheers all around.

I did a good bit of hiking today at the arches and walking around town.  I'm pooped.

Lynn

Sent from my iPad



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby