Friday, August 29, 2014

Lynn on "A lot of hours"


We got up at 4:15 today to see the sunrise over the Grand Canyon. It wasn't spectacular because it was cloudy, but it was interesting to see the shapes take form. I was surprised that my camera, when allowed to decide on the shutter speed, saw more than my eyes could see.

We spent a large part of the day in the bus going back to Las Vegas. We had to wait for a few people to finish a helicopter ride over the canyon. We stopped in Seligman for a break, and it was a real waste of time in my opinion. It's on Route 66, and the whole town seems like a poorly done parody of the 1950s. But I guess some people liked it. The scenery was not terribly interesting all day except when we passed the Hoover Dam.

We had lunch at a Golden Corral. Not my favorite. Most of the day Kristina sat with me, and she got really silly. Finally I told her I had to take a nap. Which I did.

We are at The Golden Nugget again. In the evening we took a tour of the Strip. We saw a real wedding in the middle of a highway, under the old Welcome to Las Vegas sign. We saw Elvis, looking old and grumpy. We went to Bellagio, where they have the world's largest chocolate fountain, a fancy glass ceiling, an indoor conservatory and and outdoor water and light show. Next was the Venetian and after that I got tired enuf by all the lights and things to see and crowds of people, I was very glad to get back to our room.

Except for early morning, I took no pix today. Tomorrow is our last day.

Goodnight.  Lynn

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby