Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Maybe that would be better

When I need to tighten a screw, I find my old screwdriver.  But if I have many screws, I might go to a hardware store for an electric screwdriver.  I might find that the MidWest Screw Co. has recently put out a new highly rated solar screwdriver.  Not only that, but it is a device that tells me stock market tips while it is being used.  I don't want to miss out on those tips but I want to investigate their recent performance and current ratings before putting out my money.  While I am doing all that, the original screw is still loose and probably getting looser.


You can see why some people develop a strong focus on what they are doing.  They have to if they are going to actually get anything done. In today's choice-filled world, there are choices inside choices inside choices.  "Do you want A,B or C?"  "I'll take B."  "Do you want B1, B2 or B3?"  "I'll take B1".  "Do you want B1 Red or Blue or Green?" The questions and choices can go on for hours.


Very few things are straightforward and we are trying to find those that still are and complicate the hell out of them.



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby