Sunday, October 13, 2013

Stubborn habit

I like to float along on the warm, lazy river.  When I am not hungry or fidgety, I can accept each gentle sway of the water with pleasure.  My finger aches and I realize I am alive, still alive.  I realize that I am aging, sliding through time.  I have been down several lovely byways.  I see beautiful trees, lovely people with nourishing smiles.

I pick up my mail in small towns along the river.  I receive messages about bills, deaths, illnesses.  I get warnings that my eyesight is going to deteriorate, my heart will stop beating in just a few decades, or maybe days.  But I have developed a stubborn habit.  It is built on a conviction that I am limited.  I don't know about this and I don't understand that but my stubborn habit of seeing how what is sour turns sweet and what is happy turns sad.  I habitually look for the interesting twists, where the delight deteriorates but some doesn't, and the death and destruction delivers gifts but some doesn't.


I stop here and there, for a kiss or a kitchen.  I see a kindergarten and the energy, the love, the curiosity that pulses from it increases my happiness, stirs memories of fond events and people.  Thanks, God



--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby