Saturday, February 16, 2013

C'est moi!

The song was sung by Robert Goulet in "Camelot" and it explains the power and glory of the 'parfait' knight, Sir Lancelot.  The lyrics explain his many virtues and exemplary qualities.  

A knight of the Table Round should be invincible,

Succeed where a less fantastic man would fail.

Climb a wall no one else can climb,

Cleave a dragon in record time,

Swim a moat in a coat of heavy iron mail.

No matter the pain, he ought to be unwinceable,

Impossible deeds should be his daily fare.

But where in the world

Is there in the world

A man so extraordinaire?

C'est moi! C'est moi, I'm forced to admit.

It's nice when I can face my strengths and openly state them, without false humility but, as Frank Lloyd Wright said,"with honest arrogance".

It is also nice when I get to the point of knowing and standing up to my weaknesses.  I don't have to parade them but I face them and respect them, while working to lessen them.

The third, even quieter part of me makes my world.  I am wise to make my world balanced, not too sweet and not too sour.  Like Goldilock's little bear friend, just right.  But it is tempting to let me slip out of focus, to forget that MY attention, MY fears, MY favorites and MY dislikes color my world, my attention, my view.  It is easy to forget that I pick the direction, that the memories, the feelings, the recognized possibilities are MINE.  I have a choice, in fact, a steady stream of them and I get to make and re-make them all.

--
Bill
Main blog: Fear, Fun and Filoz
Main web site: Kirbyvariety

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby